Monday, April 1, 2019

Bennett Mafia by, Tijan


4 Stars!!
“Actions matter. To be reckless with words is to be selfish, and combine that with power, and it is dangerous. Be better.”

Riley grew up with wealth but the cost wasn't cheap. She also went to boarding school, and her roommate Brooke- turned out to be a Mafia Princess. But that was in the past- opportunity for a fresh slate presents itself and Riley jumps in headfirst in hopes to escape her old life. She was willing to do anything to protect herself from what haunts her.

Tijan did it AGAIN!! I just love how she pours everything into her characters and makes the story come to life. She did her homework for sure!!! This was hardcore and a little hard to read at times. There are some pretty dark themes that are talked about but, it is a mafia book, so its to be expected. I will say that she did not hold back AT ALL for this one!

Riley was an ok main character. She did get under my skin just a little bit because at times she could be a little dramatic. And I felt like we were supposed to think she was a bad ass but she didn't really fit that mold for me... we never really got to see her in her element only talked about it. All the Bennett siblings were great. I did not know what to think of Kai at first. He is a legit MOB BOSS. He was brutal and at times you wanted to just hate him but love him at the same time. The chemistry between Kai and Riley felt sorta forced in the beginning but as the book went on I was able to look past it.

There was SO MUCH happening in this book!! I loved that the most. There was never a dull moment and things happened quickly. I hope that Tijan decides to write more off this series but for now its sadly just a stand alone. But I have a feeling we might see more of these characters later on- that's not confirmed though, just a hunch and hope that I have ! If you are a fan of Tijan- you will definitely want to add this to your TBR ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment