Sunday, February 24, 2019

Heartless by Marrissa Meyer


3 stars!!
🌟🌟🌟

“A heart, once stolen, can never be taken back.”

This was unfortunately, just an ok read for me. I loved that it was a retelling, and the writing was amazing as is any Meyer book!! She doesn't waste her time on much world building - which I think is sorta awesome, in a sense, because she realizes most of her readers should already have a grasp on Wonderland. And its true! I had my own idea of wonderland and it worked for this retelling.

I felt so sorry for Cath in the beginning and I hate that she was such a sweet girl - and ends up being a villain. But in Heartless, I had trouble connecting to her fully. Her and the Jest. I felt more of a pull and a connection with many of the side characters. They were written brilliantly. The cat and at Mad Hatter were two of my favorites.



Overall I can see why this would be a 5 star book to a lot of people- it was just sort of a slow read for me. But I still recommend this to everyone because of the writing and HELLO its Marissa MEYER!!

No comments:

Post a Comment