Friday, February 1, 2019

Dare You to Lie by Amber Lynn Natusch



3 Stars!! 


Calling all Veronica Mars Fans!!! This one is for YOU! 


In Dare You to Lie, we get two mysteries in one. We follow main character Kylene, who has just returned to Ohio to seek out some answers, and to fix some things that happened before she moved away. In Jasperville, she is known as the town liar- along with her father who is a cop, in prison for a supposed murder. She sets out to clear both of their names, but has no idea who or what she is dealing with behind the scenes. She doesn't realize it, but she is in for a dangerous ride. 

Ky is a snarky, sarcastic and fun character. She has a take no crap- personality and is willing to dig and do whatever it takes to clean up these allegations. But that's not always a good thing- her inability to keep her mouth shut- makes her a target! 


I love the friendships in this book. She has a best friend Garrett, she has known since childhood who has never let what others say stop him from being there for her. And then there is a naïve new girl in school who just fits right in with them both. 


I really enjoyed the sassiness in this book and the VM Vibes were so strong- I felt like I was binge watching a new season in my brain. The only problem I had was for some reason, I found myself not being able to fully connect to the story/characters. It was really good, but something was missing and I am not sure what it was. Maybe since this is the first book in the series- whatever was missing in this one, will be in the next one! 

If you like YA- and are looking for a good mystery, with a kick ass, snarky MC- with no insta-love or romance, this one is for you!! 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment