Tuesday, June 4, 2019

A Reaper at the Gates by Sabaa Tahir


4 Stars!!
"Curse this world for what it does to the daughters. Curse it for making us strong through loss and pain, our hearts torn from our chests again and again. Curse it for forcing us to endure.”

Tahir has done it again. She is ruthless with the chaos, and doesn't hold back when it comes to the action! This installment for me was action packed, slow in a few places and even though its book 3, it felt like a middle book. It suffered, in my opinion- with keeping my attention in some parts. There was also a good bit of info dumping.

I really enjoyed this read, but not as much as the first two. I'm pretty sure all will be back in flowing order in the final book, but I feel as if this book did what it needed to do, except for Elias. For me, he just didn't seem like a huge part of this book, and I missed that aspect. He is my favorite character and even though I know he was floating with the Ghost Homies...


I still missed him. There were a lot of moments, when it was Elias's POV that I felt like I was reading Strange the Dreamer. It had that magical, dream like feel to it, and I loved it!

My heart broke wide open over Helene and Laia. They both keep fighting so hard and it really is so great to read these two women as their characters continue to grow and become stronger- without male influence.

The plot twists had me shook- and I once again... am in denial about the cliffhanger. I just can not wait to see what the last installment has to offer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment