Saturday, June 1, 2019

Vicious by LJ Shen


4 Stars!! 

“I loved her when I hated her. And I loved her when I didn’t want anything to do with her. I was so crazy about her, the lines had blurred together. Feelings were mixed, emotions twisted together.” 

Emilia

They say love and hate are the same feelings experienced under different circumstances, and it’s true.Ten years ago, he made me run away from the small town where we lived. Now, he came for me in New York, and he isn’t leaving until he takes me with him.

Vicious

She is a starving artist. Ten years ago, she barged into my life unannounced and turned everything upside down. She paid the price. The woman who knows my darkest secret, and the daughter of the cheap Help we hired to take care of our estate. That should deter me from chasing her, but it doesn’t. So she hates me. Well I dont care- she better get used to it. 

Soooo... at first I thought I was going to hate this book. Because I HATED Vicious AKA Baron. He was a prick- but as usual, a prick with a past that haunts him and makes him so insufferable. He grew on me the more I read but he was extremely harsh and just hard to like. He redeems himself so that made it better for me :P 

Emilia was stupid but also wrapped up in a dream. She knew every decision she was making was a dumb one but she did it anyway. But her dumb decisions, even if they hurt her, made her stronger and her character growth bloomed throughout the book. There were times I wanted to throw my kindle across the room and other times I swooned. It was a great mix of emotions and I enjoyed the roller coaster! Looking forward to checking out the next book in the series!

No comments:

Post a Comment