Friday, June 14, 2019

THe Delphi Effect by Rysa Walker


4 Stars!! 

🌟🌟🌟🌟

Anna Morgan has no choice. Resting on a park bench, touching the turnstile at the Metro station—she never knows where she’ll encounter a ghost. She doesn't have a choice. The ghosts are the reason that Anna is thrown from one foster home to the next and in and out of psych wards. 

When a touch of the hand leads her to pick up the ghost of a girl who was murdered- things start to get real serious for Anna. Shes thrown into a government conspiracy, which causes Anna to throw up every wall she has ever built around her mind. But they really cross the line when they kidnap her friend, causing her to be pushed to the limits. 



This was a really cool YA book!! It reminded me of the show The Gifted- and X-Men. It has a paranormal vibe to it more than anything.



I felt immediately drawn to Anna and really enjoyed being in her head. Although- I could not imagine having to live with her ability, it was neat to read it. The book starts out with this girl Molly getting in her head. She was murdered and wants Anna to help her solve it before others can get hurt or killed. 

What starts out as a murder mystery, quickly morphs into a paranormal thriller. I loved that aspect of it. There were more characters than the synopsis provides. The story is about more than just Anna. I really enjoyed a few of the side characters. There is a love interest in this installment and I am totally rooting for my ship to sail!!



I cant wait to see what happen in the next couple books!

No comments:

Post a Comment