Monday, June 3, 2019

A Torch Against The Night by Sabaa Tahir


5 Stars!!

“Don't lock yourself away from those who care about you because you think you'll hurt them or they'll hurt you. What point is there in being human if you don't let yourself feel anything?”



Bleeding Hells !! 

This was my second time reading this book!! I read this back in 2016 and I had a general idea of what happened, but I forgot a lot of key things. So, I am so glad I took the time to re-read this to prepare for Reaper (book 3). 

This was definitely Helene's Book. She was a pain to read in book 1 and annoyed me to no end... but she shined in this book! We get to see why she is the way she is, and get to dive deeper into her character. Turns out not only is she a bad ass.. but shes got some pretty rad healing abilities. 

For me this installment was setting up the magic. Showing everyone's hand- and their power. We start to learn, along with the characters about their secrets. There were a ton of plot twists and the cliffhanger... dont even get me started... 



it broke me .. all over again, just like the first time. All those feels resurfaced. 

I loved that the author chose to expand the mythology in this world, and we get to see new obstacles along with more heartbreak and despair. Tahir does not hold back when it comes to her characters.. We feel right along with them as they struggle and prevail. 

I know I said this was Helene's book, but for me my favorite characters would have to be Elias and Laia. They hold their own and they are the characters who I am the most invested in. I love character driven stories and this series certainly fits that criteria. I highly recommend this series and can not wait to dive into the next one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment