Wednesday, June 19, 2019

The One by John Marrs





4 Stars!! 


“To love or have loved, that is enough. Ask nothing further. There is no other pearl to be found in the dark folds of life.” —Victor Hugo, Les Misérables” 

How far would you go to find The One? 

A simple DNA test is all it takes. Just a quick mouth swab and soon you’ll be matched with your perfect partner—the one you’re genetically made for.



That’s the promise made by Match Your DNA. 10 years ago, the company announced that they had found the gene that pairs each of us with our soul mate. Since then, millions of people around the world have been matched. But the discovery has its downsides: test results have led to the breakup of countless relationships and upended the traditional ideas of dating, romance and love.

Now five very different people have received the notification that they’ve been “Matched.” They’re each about to meet their one true love. But “happily ever after” isn’t guaranteed for everyone. Because even soul mates have secrets. And some are more shocking than others…

This is my second John Marrs book. I just recently read The Good Samaritan by him and if you haven't read it - what are you doing?!?! GO READ IT- anyways I now want to read all his books!! I came across this one and ... The premise was so intriguing - I couldn't help but get my hands on it and I was not disappointed!! 

This is one of the most unique books that I have read in a while. It is told from multiple POVs - but dont let that get you down because it worked! It flowed nicely and keeps you on the edge of your seat!! You become completely addicted to the drama that is unfolding in each characters life and its all consuming.

I could not imagine this happening in real life. I see the benefits of it but I feel like this would be more of a disaster than anything. It sounds nice until it starts screwing with peoples lives and families. It is a crazy concept and I absolutely loved all the twists and turns!! 

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

No comments:

Post a Comment