Saturday, May 4, 2019

Bad Boy Brody by Tijan


3.5 Stars!! 

She was beautiful. She was wild. She was the untamed one.

In Bad Boy Brody, we follow Brody- a really popular actor who is - SHOCKER



A BAD BOY.... 

Didnt see that coming did ya?? 

He one day gets a phone call from his brother and hears him die while on the phone with him. That leads Brody down an even worse "bad boy road." His agent gets him a part in a B movie to try and bring up his ratings and the good movie offers back. 

He takes the deal which will be a true story of how a popular woman rancher Karen Kellerman is murdered leaving behind a husband and step children. Brody shows up to the set and sees a girl (Morgan Kellerman) - who usually is a ghost to everyone else- among the horses. 



Little does Brody know. She has a tragic story of her own. 

I enjoyed this book. Its Tijan- its hard not to get invested in her emotionally driven characters. I thought everything flowed smooth and it was a great story to read. I felt the characters had depth and the story even had a bit of mystery about it. 

My only "little bitty" issue with it was Morgan. She just fell flat a little for me. She lives among the horses and has a relationship with nature that some of us could only dream of tapping into. I loved that aspect, but she came across as dull and kind of boring. She was amazing with the horses and I get that she is supposed to seem sort of skittish like a horse but she just wasn't that relatable and I had a hard time finding a connection with her character. I loved Brody- and thought the side characters were great as well. I just would have liked to see Morgan come out of her shell a little bit more. 

Overall Tijan usually rocks my world with every.single.one of her books so it was still enjoyable and I would still recommend :P 

No comments:

Post a Comment