Friday, May 3, 2019

Fame, Fate and the First Kiss by Kasie West



4 Stars!! 

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

I just adore Kasie West- and her ability to tell a sweet, and heartwarming story! And this one did not disappoint!

In FFFK, we follow Lacey, a 17 year old, pursuing an acting career. She gets her first big break staring in a lead roll for a zombie movie. She is staying with her dad while she works and is having to sort of homeschool while she works on set. She isn't very enthusiastic about having to work on school stuff in her spare time- because the movie is keeping her pretty busy. In an effort to help keep his daughter on track, Lacey's dad hires a tutor named Donovan.

Lacey isn't sure what she thinks about having a tutor/babysitter. She just wants to work on her movie then worry about her senior year. But when someone starts trying to sabotage her roll on set- she starts to take everything, including her school work a little more seriously.

I really enjoyed this book!! There was a little bit of everything in here- romance, comedy, mystery, thriller, action etc. It was an all in one, of sorts. I really love how all her characters just flow and you become fully invested in them.

Lacey had some major character growth from start to finish. And I really liked Donovan and all of the side characters. I was shocked when someone was trying to sabotage her, and I thought I knew who it was- HA! I was wrong, which was nice because I usually end up figuring out things like that!

Overall, Kasie West is one of my favorite YA contemporary writers. Her writing is so good and always clean cut without all the garbage. I love that the most about her!! Kudos! Another winner for West - Totally recommend !


No comments:

Post a Comment