Friday, May 3, 2019

Scars by, Jaimie Roberts


4 Stars!! 
“Because when the heart dies, what else is left? One way or the other, it can’t change anything. It won’t change the fact that what’s done is done, and you can never repair a dead heart.”

Lily at almost 18, has a great life- money, friends, and is doing well in school. She's felt for a while, that someone is watching and following her. But this stalker is nice and leaves things like lilies on her doorstep. 

One night at a party- she gets dared to go in on a game of seven minutes in heaven. When in the dark closet, she is kissed by a stranger she isn't allowed to see. Emotions are heightened and Lily realizes this may be her stalker. After the party he starts to show up places Lily is at - the catch, she can never see his face. 

J- or aka Jarred, has a secret and one thing on his mind... REVENGE. He singles out Lily as the perfect pawn in his little game. What he doesn't realize is that there is more than meets the eye with her. Will he be able to focus on his end game? Or will he be caught up in Lily's web? 

Secrets come out- the past is confronted and lives will be changed. Scars have more than just one meaning. 

I have to admit, a good friend recommended this to me- and when I read the first couple chapters- I didn't think I would finish it. It felt weird that this girl had no issues with a dude with no face-stalking her. She doesn't tell anyone for a while and just kinda goes along with it. After about the 30 % mark, I was hooked. Things started to turn and I was impressed with how this author took something that I was feeling NOT OKAY with and presented it in a way I never would have expected! 

This book wasn't perfect- but it was addicting and I had to know what the heck was happening. The author does a great job of keeping all the hidden aspects hidden until just the right time! 

Overall, I ended up enjoying this way more than I thought I would in the beginning - and I am glad I kept going. I would recommend this if you're looking for a romantic type thriller that keeps you guessing until the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment