Saturday, December 22, 2018

Dumplin by, Julie Murphy


4 Stars! 

๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ


“Perfection is nothing more than a phantom shadow we’re all chasing”

I honestly don’t know why I waited so long to read this! With the movie coming out I decided it might be time to give it a shot and it didn’t disappoint. I loved how it embraced self worth and esteem. There were so many little nuggets of wisdom throughout this book.

“I've wasted a lot of time in my life. I've thought too much about what people will say or what they're gonna think. And sometimes it's over silly things like going to the grocery store or going to the post office. But there have been times when I really stopped myself from doing something special. All because I was scared someone might look at me and decide I wasn't good enough. But you don't have to bother with that nonsense. I wasted all that time so you don't have to.”

Willow Dean the MC was great. I gotta say in the beginning and for a lot of the book she was upset about people being judgmental but yet... she was kind of like the people she despised. She had lessons to learn and I think by the end, (without spoiling anything) I think she learned a good bit.

These days there is so much pressure on Women AND Men to be a certain size, look a certain way, be like this one or that one, that it’s just to the point where people have a hard time just being themselves. That’s what this book was about for me. Shinning the light on ourselves and looking at the inside and not the outside. I read this in one sitting- it was written so “easy breezy” that it was extremely hard to put down. I am so looking forward to the movie now!



No comments:

Post a Comment