Monday, December 10, 2018

Of Blood and Bone by Nora Roberts


4 Stars!! 🌟🌟🌟🌟

If you enjoy Post-apocalyptic, Dystopian, Survival... you get all three with this series, but, you also get Fantasy!!! This is only my 3rd book by Nora Roberts so I don't have much to compare it to but ya'll,.... I just love this series so far! I know she usually writes Romance, but these are in a totally different league and there is something in it for everyone !!

What a fantastic follow up to Year One. It succeeds Year One and tells the story of the rise of The One. I adored all the characters in the first book and was so excited to jump back into this world to find out what has been going on with everyone. It did not disappoint. The characters are so well developed and the writing just makes you care what happens to them. I for one, am definitely invested in them and extremely sad I have to wait another year to see what happens in book 3.

This was very much a middle book. A lot of the world building and action takes place in book 1. In this one we follow Fallon as she trains for leadership and battle. Of course there are still some epic action scenes, but this one concentrates more on character development and builds up the plot for what's to come in book 3. It wasn't boring or slow - the pace was actually perfect and keeps you turning the pages. I personally could not put it down. I am pretty sure this type of book is my absolute favorite. Watching people start all over again and learn to survive in a world that's new is one of my favorite things!! It has a The Walking Dead type feel, only instead of zombies, certain people have magical abilities. So there is a real tug of war with light vs dark. I totally recommend Year One and Of Blood and Bone! These are adult books, but tend to read like a YA, especially this second one. I CANT WAIT FOR BOOK 3!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment