Monday, December 10, 2018

Every Heart a Doorway by, Seanan McGuire

                          


2.5 Stars

Well peeps.... this was not my favorite... while it was creative, diverse, inventive...and a little entertaining, MEH- just not my cup of tea. It was very weird and kind of confusing at times. In saying that, I am willing to try the next in the series because I heard it was better than this one. Plus, the one thing this book did have going for it, was that it was extremely short.

First of all... the writing was nice but... I still don't know exactly who was telling the story and that was pretty annoying.


When told from multiple POVS, knowing the narrator would be great. Secondly, I felt like with multiple people getting murdered there was no depth to the people reacting to said deaths. The living characters were just like OH... such n such is dead, NO EMOTION and they were supposedly close to these people?!? WTH??


INSERT weirdness here. I just didn't get it. There were other things that just were OVER the top and in my opinion unnecessary. The only character that was interesting was the first to die. The murderer was way too obvious and so where is the fun in that? THEN- there was that moment that Chronicles of Narnia was mentioned and DISSED….



... NO THANKS- MAJOR POINTS off for that.


No comments:

Post a Comment