Wednesday, December 12, 2018

The Thousandth Floor (Book 1) by, Katherine McGee

                       


5 **Binge Worthy** Stars!!! 

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟


“They say that before death, people’s lives flash before their eyes. But as the ground rushed ever faster toward her, the girl could think only of the past few hours, the path she’d taken that ended here."


Well I don't know what I was expecting when I picked this up but... I certainly didn't expect what I got either. From the very first page I was in for the long haul. The prologue got me... HOOK LINE AND SINKER.



This book was FUN and 100% book crack for me... others may call it a guilty pleasure. Regardless.. It was addicting. It was dramatic and dark and absolutely delicious.


It was futuristic and FULL (and I mean FULLLL) of extremely interesting concepts. I feel like the author did an excellent job of coming up with the futuristic tech that is used in the story.

The story follows a group of characters each with their own POV. They were … well I cant even tell you if I liked any of them to be honest. There were maybe 2 that I actually cared about. Each of them had their own issues, but we get to look inside them and see all their thoughts and the darkness that lies beneath. The pace was perfection- It moved so quickly that I was shocked how fast I got to the half way point and then to the end.

The writing was pretty good but that's not what this one was about for me. It was the consistent pace and the way that I just couldn't put it down. The twists and turns the OMG AND WTFRAPPPP moments. Also the shock factor-



If I read a mystery I don't want to be figuring it out at the half way point and this one, I didn't get until about 5 minutes before the reveal which was awesome. There is so much to be said but honestly, I feel like everyone should really go into this one blind. You will either love or hate it. Don't judge me :P



Three words. Eight letters. I LOVED IT!


No comments:

Post a Comment