Sunday, December 16, 2018

The Library at Mount Char by, Scott Hawkins


5 WTF did I just read?? Stars!!! 

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟


“It’s the notion that the universe is structured in such a way that no matter how many mysteries you solve, there is always a deeper mystery behind it.”

Crickets... Literally hearing crickets as I stare off into the void of nothingness trying to collect what fragments of my brain still exists after this Cluster-Fuq of a book.



Lets play a game...



NEVER have I EVER read a book like this. Im not sure there are words to describe how Weird - ODD and confusing this gem was. I'm a little perplexed to say the least. It is the most thought provoking book I probably have ever read. It is also one of those types of books you basically never stop thinking about.

The Library at Mount Char is exceptionally dark, twisted and philosophical. WARNING- Your brain may actually hurt a little and maybe even turn into MUSH as you read it (mine did)!



I'm not even sure I can review or explain this book its just something you'll have to read on your own. I guess Hawkins says it best when he describes it as exploring the dysfunctional family aspect of the Greek Gods with a little modern age and horror mixed in. Its dysfunctional for SURE. The characters are brilliant and very unique. Carolyn the MC of the book, was FABULOUS, intriguing and one thousand percent Psycho. She has quickly become an all time favorite character of mine. (not sure what that says about me but...yeah) OH AND LIONS- I have such a desire to go to the zoo and just talk to the lions...maybe even kidnap one... I think they may be my new favorite animal.



The storyline is absolutely creative and the pace moves consistently and captivates the reader even while you're scratching head. I will say, I am usually a very fast reader-but I had to take breaks while reading this one. I had to take time to think and collect my thoughts. There are also some very graphic scenes that are pretty disturbing, which left me feeling like I needed a minute to digest.



Overall- I loved it... it was confusing as hell and I feel like I fell into a world that made no sense. Kind of like this review... Sadly- I just couldn't stop. It was insanity I tell you....Even the ending had me like....



But honestly- Just do me a favor... read it. Its just one of those books... you just gotta do it - you'll either roll your eyes, flip me off- think I'm crazy or... HOPEFULLY, read it, go insane and then thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment