Friday, December 7, 2018

Sins of Empire by Brian McClellan


4 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Stars!!

Dark Epic Fantasy- Engaging from the start!

I was not sure when I added this to my TBR what to expect. I did not read the Powder Mage series so this was my first Brian McClellan Novel. It sounded pretty interesting- so when I opened the book to start, I was pleasantly surprised from the very first page. Starting out with a bang- literally from the prologue- This book took a hold of my attention and immediately, I was invested.

The world building was amazing and the characters are top notch. They are so skillfully crafted, and extremely dynamic, that the characters almost felt like I actually knew these people, or they were like family. They all have very distinct personalities that were very interesting and engaging. One of my favorite Characters was Ben Stykes and I am pretty sure he is making my list of top fantasy character favorites !

The pace of he book moves along perfectly and is continuously changing from one event to the next. With a unique magic system and full of twists and turns this one should keep readers on their toes. I'm totally looking forward to jumping back in this world with these characters in the rest of the series!

No comments:

Post a Comment