Friday, January 18, 2019

Bring me Back by, B. A. Paris


4 Stars!!

Finn and his girlfriend Layla, are on their way home from a trip in France when he pulls into a secluded, dark area late at night to use the bathroom. When Finn returns to the car Layla is nowhere to be found! 

Fast forward 12 years and Finn has finally decided to move on, now in a relationship with Layla’s sister Ellen, and they’re living happily together in a cute little village. Strange things start to happen, and then Finn gets contacted by someone claiming to be Layla. He and Ellen both start to receive Russian dolls that hold a special significance, but what? 

I waited a while to read this one, because of the low reviews, I was nervous. I have read Behind Closed Doors and everyone seemed to be comparing this one to her previous book. Honestly- I forgot what even happened in that book even though I enjoyed it. Maybe that's why I was able to gobble this one up without judgement. The beginning of the book hooked me and I stayed glued all the way to the end. 

The characters were ok- but the plot, to me was fabulous. I am usually good at guessing the outcome- I was so sure I had it figured out, until I didn't! That made it a wonderful little surprise. It was entertaining and thrilling- I felt like I was going to lose my mind if I didn't figure out what was happening and fast! I totally recommend people read this for themselves and come to their on conclusions!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment