Sunday, January 20, 2019

Book Review I Kill the Queen(Crown of Shards #1) by, Jennifer Estep



5 Stars!!

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟


“Summer queens are fine and fair, with pretty ribbons and flowers in their hair. Winter queens are cold and hard, with frosted crowns made of icy shards.”

This was my very first Jennifer Estep book- But it will not be my last! I'm a FAN! I don't know what I was expecting with this book. I knew the Game of Thrones Comparison was a reach...and other than that, I had no idea what this book was about other than seeing it around on Goodreads. So- if you haven't read it- go into it blind because that made it even better!! PS- Its not really anything like GOT except for maybe one aspect- a fight for a throne.

Let me see if I can peak your interest... There are Women Gladiators



Shapeshifting Ogres



AND Elemental magic


The plot, though not original really, was steady- and always action packed . Esteps storytelling is addictive and unique. The pacing and world building obviously worked, and held my interest. The elemental magic aspects of her characters are unique, fun and engaging. I really liked Everleigh - she was dealt a terrible hand but overcame. I loved seeing her character growth throughout the book. I don't want to say much more because it really was fun reading it without expectations- I never wanted this book to end. I absolutely recommend Kill the Queen if you're looking for an action packed, addictive fantasy read!

No comments:

Post a Comment