Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Sinner by Maggie Stiefvater


4 Stars!! 


“It was the first time I'd really realized I'd lost my soul and that the beauty of not having a soul was that you couldn't seem to care that you no longer had one.” 

Another series in the books! I love Maggie Stiefvater :P Her writing is so simple, yet complex and the depth expressed in this book was excellent!!

Sinner, is the last book in The Wolves of Mercy Falls series. Its all about my two favorite characters- Isabel and Cole. I could relate to them so much more than Grace and Sam. They are just more my cup of tea. You know, the dark characters with hella messed up past, YEAH- I feel that! This one was not really like the rest of the series. Its not a stand alone but its just different and I loved it. 

I like that we get to really see into what makes these characters tick and what they are really struggling with. I really appreciate the way the author wrote about addiction and how it really can grip a person and the struggles that they face- even when sober. It was done extremely well, especially for it being a YA book. I recommend this series as a whole- mainly for these two characters. They brought a realness to the series. Something raw and not fairy-tale perfect. This was an excellent ending!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment