Thursday, January 17, 2019

Sometimes I lie by, Alice Feeney


4 Stars!! 


“Little girls are different from little boys: they’re made of sugar and spice and scar for life. I’ve still got my scars. Just because they’re on the inside doesn’t mean they’re not there.” 

Try to imagine being stuck in a coma and hearing everything going on around you. But you cant move all you can do is lay there, while life moves on around you. Thrilling- and full of suspense- Sometimes I lie, did not disappoint. It scared me, it twisted my brain and gave me all the feels that great psychological thriller should! 

The book alternates between present day, (MC-Amber in a coma) to a week prior, the build up to Amber being in a coma, and 1992, a series of diaries. The twists and turns were raw and so creepy-I couldn't help but turn the pages to see what would happen next. Not to mention the nursery rhymes that are repeated all through out the book- if the story doesn't mess with your brain, the songs will for sure. I totally recommend this one if you like good psychological thrillers that get you thinking with an amazing twist!

No comments:

Post a Comment