Sunday, January 27, 2019

Love me Never (Lovely Vicious 1) by, Sara Wolf



5 Stars!! 



“Sometimes, we can’t do the things we want to do for ourselves. Sometimes we wait for someone else to do them. You can’t always wait like that. You have to seek out change on your own.” 

Isis hasn't fell in love in over 3 years. Because of what happened last time, she has no plan to ever do it again. Since then, she has lost weight, changed her hair, and moved to Ohio to help her mom with a bad relationship.

Enter Jack Hunter. AKA the Ice Prince. Everyone at school wants him but he doesn't give anyone the time of day. Hes been spotted downtown with older women. He never gives high school girls a second glance- that is until Isis punches him in the face. GAME ON. 

I was not expecting to like this as much as I did!! This is just the book I needed to get out of a bit of a book slump. I had a huge book hangover and this pulled me right out of it. 

Isis is sooo annoying but hilarious at the same time. She is clever and calculated but she also has some really deep hurts she needs to deal with. Jack has a HUGE secret too and Isis is determined to find out what it is and win this war between them. I loved their banter and the sarcasm in this book is over the top, but oh so glorious. 

“Come! Come sit by me. It’s a nice bench. Nice and lovely on the butt.” “You’re drunk.” “Yeah, and you’re ugly, but do I complain about it? No! Because I don’t complain about things that I can’t change. That’s called intelligence.” 

The plot was well thought out and the dialogue is probably one of the best I have ever read. Its so unique and different. There is no insta-love.

Isis and Jacks relationship builds over many obstacles. And Jack is an ass throughout the whole book, and pretty much stays that way.. but it works. It also deals with a lot of dark and heavy issues and really draws you in. I could not put this book down. 

That ending though-

The cliffhanger was freaking devastating yet at the same time, EPIC. I just love Sara Wolf and her ability to plug me into her worlds. I immediately had to pick up book 2 and I'm almost done with it as well! RTC for that soon! Totally recommend !!!



No comments:

Post a Comment