Monday, January 21, 2019

Let the Sky Fall by, Shannon Messenger


3 Stars!! 


“The wind is a part of who I am, and when I expose my heart to it, I feel it calling me home” 

This is a classic Ya read - filled with lots of action, angst, romance and charm. Audra is a slythe/wind walker/elemental. Ever since Vanes parents died in a storm when he was little, she has been in charge of looking after him. The catch is, he doesn't know she's been watching over him all this time. All he can remember from that dreadful day, is a girl with long dark hair, the one who keeps showing up in his dreams. 

Audra was a strong character, who is willing to do anything to protect Vane. Vane is such a fun character. He's super funny and charming and has no clue about the supernatural things going on around him or the war that is brewing. Though I liked the characters, I didn't really connect with them fully. They were just ok. The story, writing, plot was also decent just nothing GREAT about it. It was an enjoyable read and it had its moments where it reminded me a little bit of Avatar- the last air bender. If you're looking for a fun YA fantasy without a ton of depth, and a quick read - I would recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment