Monday, January 14, 2019

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater



3 stars!!!


“Some days seem to fit together like a stained glass window. A hundred little pieces of different color and mood that, when combined, create a complete picture.” 



Sweet and moving, Shiver is a cute and magical love story that captures you from the beginning. Maggie Stiefvater is an amazing poet with words. She has a way of weaving a story into a beautiful one. I enjoyed the plot and have never really seen a werewolf book quite like this one. It was a different take on the wolves, and I found it to be unique. As an adult, a lot of this book was a little cringe- but I also found it to be endearing. There aren't many ya books, that include romance, that are done with as much tact as Stiefvater used in this book. 



The characters were likable, but I had a hard time completely connecting to them for whatever reason. That usually takes me away from a book- but it was not that bad, because I was enjoying the plot and the writing. Overall- this was a decent read and I will probably try the next in the series to see where it takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment